Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mah-wage

So, I went and got myself married. Yeah, I can't believe it either! Actually, it's not really that different than "living together" life, other than the fact that we get to wear some new rings, we spent a few weeks working our a$$es off planning this huge event, and we got to take a nice vacation. I think it was a bigger deal for Jeremy to change his email "from" name than to actually get married. :) Speaking of which, we haven't legally changed our names yet but I think we're going with "Menghermann" rather than "Meng Hermann", since everyone seems to be into that version of the spelling and most people are already using it. Plus, it's funny. :)

OK, so first off all, we had a fairly non-traditional wedding as far as weddings go (I think, it's really hard for me to tell at this point since I'm still too close to it) and to pull it off we had A LOT of support from our family and friends. I don't really want to get into some sort of Oscar speech here and have the powers that be start to cue the music before I'm ready to get off the stage, but to my momma and my auntie Ann and Vanessa, THANK YOU. Actually, I can't really say "thank you" enough...I could say it a million more times and still feel as though I am short-changing your efforts. It was a beautiful day and I don't think I (we, actually) could have imagined a more perfect experience.

Alrighty, less words, more pictures. :) Here are Brad's...he came in first (quality over quantity here, people):



Click here for Brad's Photo Set on Flickr

And for a more comprehensive set, by my cousin Felix, click here (click on Galleries [on the right hand side of the page] > Weddings > Hope and Jeremy). Felix is starting a photography business. He took some beautiful shots, though many of them are "unprocessed" right now and I think he is embarrassed to show them in this state. But honestly, if we think they are great right now, then how awesome are they going to be when he get around to running them through Photoshop?!! :) Here are some of my faves:









I'll update as more photos roll in...and stay tuned for our photos from the honeymoon in Huatulco!

No comments: