Tuesday, November 20, 2007

K + P

I realize that I am massively late on this, but I didn't want to neglect posting about Kara and Patrick's wedding. It happened a few short weeks after we returned from Huatulco, and its proximity to our wedding brought up so many surprising and unexpected feelings. I felt so honored to be by Kara's side during this truly special and meaningful day in her life, especially after meeting all the people who love and care about these two wonderful people. I kept thinking, "Why me? Why am I so special that I get to stand next to these two as they make this incredible commitment to each other?" Seriously, I hear people all the time b*tch and moan about being bridesmaids...being forced to wear ugly dresses with dyed-to-match shoes. These people clearly don't know what it's all about...I would have worn a burlap sack with some potatoes (???) on my feet for these two. I really can't explain the feeling other than to say that I felt so HONORED. I think that really says something about the couple when the "Best Babe" is eternally grateful just for being included!

DSC_0566.JPG

Kara was such an amazing Mistress of Honor for me that I wanted nothing more than to do the same for her. I wanted to be there to take care of all the loose ends the day of; I wanted to take photos during all the non-photo ops so she would have a memento of the times when the pro photog wasn't there; I wanted to make sure my toast was incredible and memorable. Kara did all these things for me and I felt like I couldn't express my gratitude in words so I tried to do it through my actions.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite images from their wedding:

Kara's wedding gift to Patty was a set of Scrabble tiles...the letters "K" and "P". I took this photo on the bus to HollyHedge:

DSC_0497.JPG

It's hard for me to pick which of the next 2 photos Kara looks prettier in:

DSC_0502.JPG

DSC_0506.JPG

Once I gave my toast, I was free to catch up with the other Party Poodles and shake my ass on the dance floor with my man:

DSC_0712.JPG

The bride, having said her vows, also felt free to work the dance floor like she owned it (and she did):

DSC_0675.JPG

The next day, our flight left late so we had the time to take a nice, leisurely walk along the towpath, where we took this photo:

DSC_0883.JPG

See my entire Flickr set of photos from that weekend here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hopemeng/sets/72157603065974879/

I love you, Kara and Patty. May you always rock on with your cocks out.

No comments: