Monday, February 4, 2008

New Edition

This weekend I was back in SD to give a talk to the San Diego Chinese Women's Association, a group that gave me a scholarship back when I was about to go to Berkeley. They invited me back to update them on what I had been up to in the last 14 years (yikes!!!). The speech went really great and everyone was super interested as I told them about Stitch, my graphic design work, my chalkbags, bellydancing...basically anything I had done in the years since high school. Afterwards, a woman who had survived breast cancer came up and told me that I had inspired her to start fitting her own clothes...off-the-rack just doesn't fit her anymore after the mastectomy. It was very sweet!

This trip was very well timed, as Felix and Lily welcomed their second little bundle, Alyssa Kailee Chu, just about a week ago, so I got to see the new baby. She is so pretty! Here are some photos Felix shot:

alyssa_closeup

alyssa asleep

What a sweetie, huh? Lily is just made to be a mom...she was in labor only 1 hour, no epidural...two pushes and Alyssa was out! Lucky lady!

I also got a chance to visit with Karsten, who was on FIRE! He is growing up to be quite the little man. He showed me his Tickle Me Elmo doll and then proceeded to mimic Elmo as he fell on the floor laughing. It was pretty much the cutest thing ever. Here he is in action:

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

I rounded out my SD trip with a visit to Derek, my friend from high school who I haven't seen for about 5 years, and his wife Amy, who is preggers. I can't wait to meet their little one (it's a girl too!).

No comments: