Sunday, June 8, 2008

Staycation

Yesterday, Jeremy and I took a staycation (not a "steak-acation", as he had hoped)...I had heard about people doing staycations, where you basically act like you're on vacation in your own city and do things that a tourist might do. Well, believe it or not, even after 10 years of living in the Bay Area, I had never been to Angel Island! So, with the weather gods smiling upon us, we hopped on our bikes and headed down towards the ferry at pier 41.

We stopped first at the Ferry Building and bought some yummy Vietnamese meatball sandwiches, which we ate in the grass:

staycation

staycation

staycation

We were quite early for the ferry, so we rode down aquatic park, and then the Marina green...there were lots of people out and about enjoying the beautiful weather! Eventually we ended up back at Pier 41 to board our ferry. Like our walks, it felt like we were in a different city! The people are just so different in this part of town than in the Mission...makes for some really fun people watching!

We finally made it over to Angel Island and rode the perimeter of the island. First of all, WOW! I can't believe I had never been there...the 360 degree views of the bay are just stunning.

staycation

staycation

staycation-view of GG bridge from angel island

What a beautiful way to spend the day! We love San Francisco! We're totally visiting again!

staycation

P.S. I think I'm getting closer to fine-tuning the camera settings...I like these photos much more than the ones I took earlier in the week...
P.P.S. In case you're wondering how the heck I kept up with Jeremy on a bike, he rode his single speed...and he was still faster than me. But it did level the playing field quite a bit. :)

No comments: